Thursday, April 24, 2014

Believe in your own value

I'm fortunate to have been raised on the ideal that I'm not better than anyone else, and I truly believe it. I speak to Taco Bell employees with a reverence and respect that most people would reserve for Oprah Winfrey. While I think there are plenty of people out there who feel the same way, I wish more people understood the reverse: no one is better than you. Living and working from a humble place is important, but acknowledging your own worth is equally important. Living life without arrogance is not akin to putting yourself last.

You're not better than anyone else… and they're not better than you either. Be secure in your worth. Acknowledge it every day. If you believe other people deserve things more than you do, you will let precious opportunities slip away. A belief in your own value and worthiness could be the single most important factor in your ability to pursue your dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment